Let's all admit that the number of impressions we make is far less important than the quality of impressions we make. Simple repetition of a brand message does not break through the clutter, it only joins it.
So how do we penetrate today's overwhelming visual collection and engage our audience?
I believe the key is to be consistent in our daily pursuit of excellence.
Here are 6 tips to supporting that pursuit of excellence:
- Stand out from the crowd – Think about who your audience is. What are your top competitors doing in
terms of their look and how they are expressing themselves? Prepare to identify
where you can innovate and differentiate.
- Develop your company culture – Don’t bring on people who could destroy client relationships you spent months or years to cultivate. Hire people that live and breathe your life's work.
- Be patient with your brand – This is your baby. It takes time to grow.
- Be consistent – The brand is the brain. Design, advertising, marketing, and
sales are all extensions of that brain, and they must be coordinated and
aligned. Find a designer who will capture the essence of your brand
and use them consistently.
- Get help – A professional can take you through the process so you see things more
clearly, get a different perspective, and go about branding in a way
that will allow you to reach your market more efficiently.
- Put people first – People do business with people. Everyone prefers working with businesses that are people-oriented and
actually care about their customers. Be that company by embodying a
people-first attitude in all that you and your employees do.
If you would like some help, please get in touch!