Once upon a time, branding was defined solely by the elements that distinguishes one business from another. For instance, the name, slogan, sign, symbol or design (or a combination of these elements) that sets a business apart from its competitors.
Today, branding is so much more than the sum of these elements alone. Effective branding differentiates your business from your competitors and helps attract the right audience to your products or services. More importantly, it helps your customers identify you as a problem solver, motivating them to take action to resolve their issue.
A good brand can transform your business in many ways. It provides a clear message to your customers; confirms authority and credibility; creates an emotional connection to your product or service; motivates customers to take action and creates ongoing customer loyalty.
With these benefits in mind, here are five ways you can start building a stronger brand to improve your marketing and visibility:
1. Establish your purpose – clarify why you do what you do. Why did you build this business? Why do you want to help your customers? The ‘why’ to these answers will form your purpose. Walt Disney’s purpose was ‘wanting to bring joy to children everywhere’. This strong purpose permeates everything that Disney does, even now.
2. Identify what makes you different – what sets you apart from your competition? Your goal is to position your brand so customers think about you differently than your competitors. Look at your competition, identify how they define their brands and look for characteristics that you can call your own.
3. Define your audience – know your target customers. Think about the real people who engage with your business, walk into your store or browse your website. What do these people ultimately want from your product or service? What problems are you solving? Develop your brand around the emotional benefits of your offerings.
4. Create a brand personality and identity - connect with your audience through colour, images and designs that align to your purpose and values . A graphic designer can help develop an effective brand personality and identity, combining visuals, tone and messaging to help you emotionally connect to your target market.
5. Continue to be consistent - strong brands are recognisable because they are consistent, using colours, fonts, images and styling that align with their brand identity. Developing an ongoing relationship with a designer is one of the most effective ways to help you achieve consistency, purpose and direction in branding.
Looking to transform your business through branding?
Graphika has brought energy and personality to brands of all shapes and sizes for over a decade and is now offering free brand consultations. Gain ideas and clarity about your business, absolutely obligation free. Contact Melissa Horvat on 0413 486 600 to take advantage of this opportunity to take your business to the next level.